Friday, August 14, 2015

Toyota Camry Hybrid long term review Malaysia

Image result for camry hybrid tires best malaysia
Grey color Hybrid
Dear Camry Friends.

It has already been months I've owned the new Camry Hybrid. The mileage of my car as of 14/of August  2015 is 8950 kms. Last week , I took my Camry to Kuantan to see my son taking the  Socrates oath as a doctor. I don't normally drive very fast but driving the Camry Hybrid is totally a different experience. I was prone to drive quite fast in the range of 140-160 kilometers per hour without even realizing it. Partly, because of the ambiance is too quiet. Another reason could be the ride is so smooth. I don't know whether the AES system along the Kuantan has managed to catch me exceeding the speed limit.

Image result for camry hybrid tires best malaysia
The best color of all

Up to now, the car has not given me any problem, Servicing the car so far is quite an inexpensive affair at least for now. I believe its in the range of 200-300 ringgit for the first two services. I'm due another service at 10,000 kms very soon. I would normally service my car at Toyota Kajang which I think is quite new in servicing hybrid cars. The people there are quite efficient and friendly. I have no complaints so far about the servicing  at the Toyota Center but I hope they can maintain or improve their services for the better.


Image result for camry hybrid tires best malaysia
The Camry Hybrid is better than the Accord
The Camry comes with Bridgestone tyres with the size of 215/55/17  which are tuned more for comfort compared to the Honda Accord with a slightly wider tyres of 225. I believe  partly because of the size of the tires that the handling in the. Honda Accord is definitely better and sharper than the Camry despite  improvements made to the handling in the latest version of the Camry. Once the tire thread  of the Bridgestone is thinning, I'm thinking of getting a Michelin. I find the Bridgestone tires a tad on the noisy side although the rubber is reasonably good in terms of handling. I've had good experience using the Michelin tires although they are a little  too expensive to buy.

The color of my car is pearl white. I thought of getting the grey color but because of the ugly rims I decided on the white in which I had to pay an extra RM 800 . White is pretty but the problem is that when you travel a long a stretch that is being resurfaced your car will  be bound to get dirty or tarred. And it's not easy to remove the tar unless you get the right chemical .














No comments:

Post a Comment