Monday, October 12, 2015

Issues related to Toyota Camry Hybrid Malaysia 2015

Dear Camry Hybrid Fans

Today is Friday 8/October 2015. Time is 2:45 and I'm back in the office after performing Friday prayers. The weather is nice and without the irritating haze that enveloped the sky after some heavy downpour in Bangi areas. Friday afternoon is actually the best time for me  to do some reading and keeping up with the blogs.

Image result for toyota camry hybrid 2015 malaysia
Audio system in Camry Hybrid
Yesterday, I received an enquiry from a fan of Camry Hybrid asking me whether the  DVD player in the Camry can be played using the audio system that comes standard with the car. Before I could answer the question , the person also consulted a Toyota personnel who maintained that indeed the car audio system, the JBL 10 speaker unit, can  play the DVD. I have not actually tried out a DVD player but I will do that tomorrow. I will keep you abreast with what ever new things that I learn.But , I can tell you that the audio system in the Toyota can't actually automatically download  songs on CD that you play using the disc [layer. This feature is wonderfully available if you buy the Accord 2015.

Image result for camry inverter
Toyoota Camry Hybrid inverter
 He also wanted to know whether if he replaced or modified the audio unit would it affect the warranty claim. My answer to him is that I myself would not change or modify the unit because Toyota might use it  to invalidate the warranty of the car. This is is a hybrid system and you would not want to actually fiddle with any of the electrical systems especially things like the Inverter which is really expensive. I will wait until the warranty expires in 3 years time.After that period, I would probably do a bit of modification to the audio system. As for now, as long as the car is still under warranty, I would not do any modification. Le's play safe rather than regret later.

Image result for toyota warranty
8 year Toyota Camry battery warranty/Assurance
It must be pointed out the warranty of the car is 3 years or 100,00 kilometers. That is the bumper to bumper warranty. After the 3 years or  100,00 km, there will be no more warranty with the exception of the battery which is given 8 years of so called assurance. According to Toyota, the bigger batter which costs about RM 11,000 is still under warranty or assurance as the term used by the manufacturer in Malaysia.

Another would be buyer of the Camry also asked me whether the air cond. is  on or working  when the car is at idle. The answer is YES. Unlike some hybrids cars which blow only  hot air during idling , the air con in the Toyota Camry actually works. It is a full hybrid car and  it's just like any other ordinary cars. The air works even at idle and it uses the battery if it is has enough power to sustain  it. I think the electrical power in the car is so powerful that it can light up  a double story house easily. When the battery power is insufficient,the engine  would automatically  recharge the battery. You would not have to do anything except when its utterly critical a light push to parking position will render the charging system to begin powering the air cond. So far I have not faced the problem even under a very long idling.(BUT IT MUST BE WARNED THAT THE ENGINE WOULD NOT RECHARGE THE ENGINE IF TH ENGINE IS IN NEUTRAL OR N) The best thing is to hold the brake and put the car  in D position.












4 comments:

  1. Just received my camry hybrid but having problem to pair with my iphone 5 to use the hands free. Any one have the same problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is the cheap Asus elite and it's not compatible. I don't see any problem with your I phone 5 to be paired to the Qi wireless charger.

      Delete
    2. Mine is the cheap Asus elite and it's not compatible. I don't see any problem with your I phone 5 to be paired to the Qi wireless charger.

      Delete
    3. When placing a mobile device on the wireless charging surface of the tray, it's important to make sure that there are no objects in-between the mobile device and the tray as they may interfere with charging.

      Delete