Sunday, July 14, 2019

First problem of Camry hybrid (Water -pump)

Dear at CHOCoM members...
I've just collected my car a while ago after spending overnight (the car not me) at Toyota service center to replace the water pump. The water pump has gone kaput at 85 K kilometers and 4 years of life. This is indeed a rare problem for Camry hybrid.
The mechanical part of the water pump is still good but the electronic part has been damaged by an irregular surge of voltage from an unknown source... My habits of immediately switching off the air-con on to full blast after starting the engine could be the cause ...I'm not very sure... It was just my conjecture.
My advice to members is not to meddle with the electrical system/power voltage of the car. Jump starting the car is also not encouraged...

No comments:

Post a Comment