Sunday, July 14, 2019

Alternative tires for Camry hybrid

Last few days, I was scouting for cheaper tires for my Camry hybrid. I have to be a bit thrifty considering that I'm still supporting my youngest son who is still studying in Korea. I managed to narrow down to some specific tires that I would buy. Amongst them include Hankook Kinergy Gt tyres that I managed to secure at RM 320 a piece. This tire is now an OEM tire for the latest version of CBU Camry in Japan. It's an all-season tire that is good for overall handling for a sporty sedan like Camry hybrid.
I also considered a more sporty and aggressive Indonesian made performance tire of the same brand namely Hankook S1 Noble 1 at RM 330 a piece. The review of the tyre has been good and positive. The tire is very quiet with quite good handling albeit a bit soft in terms of its side wall to cater for a more comfortable ride.
Another tire that I thought of buying was the Primacy 3 that is selling at RM 380 a piece in Kajang. The tire is excellent for quietness and for wet and dry handling and would have been my choice in this economic situation. This tire was very popular in the last few years and is still good for today's need but considered a little outdated.
But my favorite tire has always been PS 4 but money is the prime consideration and also I felt that it's an overkill for a car like Camry. But when I woke up this morning I noticed that my car already has four new shoes, Primacy 4... I thought it was magic or miracle that happened but it was my eldest son who changed my "botak" old PS 4 to the new Primacy 4. This tire is excellent for comfort and quietness. The compound is also very soft but it would last longer compared to PS 3 and 4 because of less rolling resistance. ( One aspect that potential buyers have to take note is that the steering will become lighter unlike the PS 4 which felt heavier and tires felt more planted. If cornering fast is your passion then the PS 4 is your choice. Primacy 4 is more of a touring tire designed for comfort. The confidence of fast corning can be assured if you used PS 4.)
So far I'm quite satisfied with the tires although I still missed the PS 4 handling. Once you have owned a Michelin is so difficult to downgrade to another cheaper alternative. A Mercedes owner would find it difficult to drive another brand. I rate 8/10 for Primacy 4 and 9.6/10 for PS 4).
Tq Dr Irfan, semuga anakku sentiasa di berkati Allah dan di murahkan rezeki.

No comments:

Post a Comment