Tuesday, August 18, 2015

What's bad about the Camry Hybrid 2015?

Salam to my Camry Hybrid friends

user posted image

Yesterday I sent my Camry Hybrid to Toyota Kajang for the third service. Normally, for servicing I would personally send the car but yesterday was a hectic day for me and I instructed my eldest son to help me out. The odometer on my Camry was closed to 10,000 kilometers after a few months of use. For the third service, I did not make any appointment with the service center and it was more like a walk in kind of servicing. As usual, the servicing was quite fast at the center but one funny thing happened when my sloppy and unintelligent looking son (He is actually a doctor by profession) was told that the car needed more than four liter of engine oil -4 plus an additional liter of synthetic oil. He was shocked and asked the person on duty but  was told that its already bin the system. When he argued that the last service required on 4 liters of synthetic oil the personnel finally relented and backtrack on the order.

So guys please be warned that your car requires only 4 liters of oils and I've checked on the internet that even Toyota recommends that the car uses 3.76 liter of oil even though the engine block can take in more than 4 liters of oil. That extra liter can cost you RM 60 not inclusive of GST.


 So far the car so far has not given me any problem but there are a few things that I don't like about the car itself.

1. When the battery is low the recharging of the main battery is quite a noisy affair. It is not very noisy but because the car is too quiet the noise that it makes amplifies in the car quiet ambiance. This can be very unsettling in a very refined car.


2. The second hing that I dislike about the car is the so called green  JBL audio system. The system comes with  10 speakers but the sound it makes is like a whimper. I don't really enjoy the sound unless I sit at the back of the car as a passenger. Actually, the factory fitted sound system in the Camry caters more to the back passengers than the driver although the face lift makes it look like a driver's car. In India, the car is used as a chauffeur driven car  not like in Malaysia where we all drive on our own. I believe Toyota needs to amend this and cater more to  the needs of its customers in Malaysia.

Attached Image
The exposed wires next to the Inverter (Photo taken from Low Yat forum)

3. Another thing that I don't like about the car is the uncovered wires that are not properly bound together. The uncovered wires make the car looks as if it is made in China (I think it is but I'm not very sure) and the finishing is so terrible. I hope Toyota Malaysia can be more professional and do something about it.


Overall, I m still a very happy customer of Toyota and I hope that I will continue to be happy with my car. I will keep on posting more long term reports of the  car.



















2 comments:

  1. I find it to be true. I also added to the noisy roof when raining. But so far could not get UMW HQ to rectify. The service center is ready to add more insulation but HQ stopped their work. Wind noise at B pillar was corrected after a few adjustment. The last adjustment caused the door to tilt so much that you can see if eyes. After complaining again, they manage to minimize the gap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really bad in my car, The noise level is irritating but tolerable

      Delete