Monday, March 14, 2016

Toyota Camry Hybrid sales 2016 Malaysia

The sale of new cars is Malaysia is early 2016 has gone down a little. Similar scenario also happens in Thailand but it is worst over the other side of the fence.The new year has also seen a decrease in the sale of Toyota  Camry Hybrid in  Malaysia . Last year they managed to sell quite a lot of Camrys ( I think more than 7,000 units have been sold) but this year the sale is a bit slow. I know this by the number of aggressive advertisements put up by Toyota Malaysia in the newspapers like the Star. I think Toyota Malaysia also gives RM 2000 discount for any new buyer. The price of the car has been maintained as in the previous year because of the generous tax incentives given to hybrid cars assembled in the country. I also believe this is the last year of the tax free status given to Camry. Next year it will be a different story. I believe Toyota Malaysia will definitely jack up the price of car to at least RM 220,000. Potential buyers please don't wait till the end of the year as you may loose out in the end.

The car itself is a good car and there 's nothing much that can be reported here. So far I've not heard of battery problem that affect the cars sold in Malaysia. Nobody of the car forum that I managed complained of the battery problem I believe the NIMH battery is an excellent product and suits the Malaysian weather condition. The hot weather in Malaysia does not affect much the big battery or the auxiliary battery. I think the biggest gripe has got to do we mirror link feature that was hyped up during the car introduction  but later it was found that it actually does not work in Malaysia. Somebody in Toyota Malaysia has not done his homework and we the buyers of Camry Hybrid suffer. What Toyota Malaysia could do is to provide the buyers with remedy to the problem. I really cannot imagine a big company like Toyota would condone such act by its super dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment