Thursday, January 21, 2016

Mirrorlink in Toyota Camry Hybrid 2015 Malaysia. How to make it work? Does anyone know?

It's almost a year since I bought My TCH from an authorized dealer in Malaysia. The mileage on the odometer after 9 months  indicates  more than 22,000 kms which is about the average distance that  Malaysians drive their  cars in a year When I bought the car,  I was given the impression that the car was equipped with an impressive JBL system with 10 speakers. Wow !! I thought I would be a very happy person with an properly fast and comfortable car and with a very good sound  system built in. Alas , It turned out that the sound system is only slightly better than the average system that you get in a Proton- Proton is a Malaysian car manufacturer. I thought the speaker system in the Proton Iriz- a sub compact car,  is much better. In fact, if you are a TCH owner in Malaysia, you will realize that there is only one speaker at the back. That is why the speaker sound in the CH is totally unsatisfactory. Don't be fooled by the claim of 10 speakers.
Image result for mirror link in Toyota camry hybrid 2015
Mirrorlink -Does it work in Malaysia?

Another feature that should impress me that is supposed to be available is called Mirrorlink. The Mirrorlink is prominently highlighted in Toyota advertisement when it was first promoted. I was actually bought by that feature . What the mirror link does is to actually make your smartphone display to be shown and operated on the car's wide touch screen . But I don't know how that  is done. Even with an I-phone it's so difficult to get it connected. How could Toyota with its might could actually promote a product that is not working in Malaysia. (Please tell me if you have the same problem with the Mirrorlink  in the car assembled in your country). I'm begging anyone with the ability or knowledge to show me how to use the Mirrorlink connection / application.My suggestion to Toyota Malaysia is not to promote something that is not applicable in this country. It creates bad publicity for your company and the name of Toyota which is  quite a bulletproof name.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem too. After surfing the internet, I found one guy manage to connect mirrorlink using a Samsung S3, a phone of 5 generations away.This is embarrassing. Suggest Toyota to upgrade the software of the system so as it can read Chinese character & also connect via mirrorlink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too have the same problem . visited the service centres many time but no solution is given on mirrorlink. the technician itself does not know what is it and how it works.
    It looks like Toyota has shortchanged Malaysians by misleading advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have read through this blog before I bought the TCH. Mirrorlink failed and same answer from Technician. "Don't know what is Mirrorlink", I think they have practiced that answer for the last 3 years... if you claim you don't know what it is, these owners will just go away and don't bother you. @_@'

    ReplyDelete