Monday, November 16, 2015

Camry Hybrid 2015 long term review Malaysia and third service visit at 20,000 kilometers

Dear owners and fans of Camry Hybrid 2015 Malaysia

After driving almost 20,000 kilometers and owning the car for more than half a year, I can say with full conviction that the car is really a good car to own and drive. I had reservations before buying the hybrid. I always had the notion of  issues regarding reliability and durability of the hybrid batteries plus some other maintenance issues like the cost of maintaining a hybrid.

 I was also worried about the resale value of the car but all these issues  just fizzle out after using it more than 20.000 kilometers . It's really a joy owning and driving the car. I seldom drive fast but with this Camry that  is not the norm anymore. With my son studying at UTM, Skudai, near Singapore a  trip to and fro from Bangi,near Kuala Lumpur is just awesome ,very  fast and but not furious. The average speed to Johor is around 140 to 150 km per hour and  it's not an issue at all. It's  so easy to drive the  Camry at that speed. Back from Skudai , I could still do some active activities ( I hope you know what I mean).
Camry hybrid 2015 Malaysia

Yes it's not a perfect car especially with regard to the very squarish design of the Camry which perfectly suits an uncle image in Malaysia. The design is so boring and uninspiring. Even the ordinary looking Sonata 2015 looks better than this Camry. I believe Toyota should get people like Peter Schreyer  to help design future Toyota models just as he did miracles to Kia . Toyota needs really good designers with new and fresh designs for the interior and exterior of the car.


Camry hybrid Malaysia

Another drawback of the car is the small boot .  I would drive my Camry to Skudai when the trip is just a short trip to visit  my son. But when it comes to fetching  him  for the trip back home at the end of the semester , I would have to opt for my 2015 Honda Accord. The boot of the Accord is just so huge. It can just practically swallow all the gear, equipment and those thick and heavy engineering  books that my son has to bring home. Driving a Camry to Skudai will never do the job. Despite the problem I still love the Camry. My Camry is just like a very polished and refined girlfriend but not cheap to maintain.












No comments:

Post a Comment