Thursday, September 8, 2016

Camry hybrid irritating noise

Hi bros and sistas...
When I wanted to buy a car, one of the features that I looked for is how quiet the car is. Quietness has become an important feature as soon as I enter the 'senior zone' meaning around the age of 45 and above. That was one of the reasons why I bought the Camry hybrid because it's eerily quiet especially on EV mode.
Because of the serenity of the car at low speeds, any small sound tends to be amplified. A little creaking sound will sound really big in a quite ambiance and this makes the driver to be distracted and irritated. I believe one of the reasons why there are so may complaints about the noise in Camry hybrid is because the car is very quiet . However, compared to a Lexus , the sound absorbing materials used in the Camry hybrid is not as thick or as effective as found in a Lexus.
The same noise in the quiet Camry might not have been an issue in a Civic or CX 5. That's my two cents worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment